Sunday, October 30, 2011

New Season, New Blog

Having felt the insatiable NEED to have a blog again lately, I decided to jump in.  I've been held back by my own paralyzing perfectionism too many times.  So here I am with my latest blog, unpolished and imperfect thought it may be.  It is so unlike me to publish something without having it just right.  Details are my thing and I like to maintain appearances, you know? Well, I don't know a thing about blog design or anything at all about blogging (besides how to enter a post).  I spent my evening trying different templates and I finally just gave up.  So here it is, In Raw Form.

Go ahead, now.  It's ok to laugh.  I know.

So why Raw? Well, to me "raw" means a lot of things.  Honest.  Pure.  Unrefined.  Natural.  True.  Not only is that the way I like my food, but it's the way I try to live my life! I enjoy having an outlet where I can be as "raw" as I feel the need to be about whatever subject is on my brain at the moment.  Seeing as how we just bought our first home last week, it feels like the beginning of a new season for our family.  And with every new season, for me, comes a new blog.  :)

I'm sure much of this blog will be about our process as we transform our home from "faded fixer" to "country cottage." Not only have we never remodeled a home before, but we've never planted a garden, tended to farm animals, or even owned a lawnmower.  (Since our home sits on an acre of fast-growing grass, I'm thinkin' a lawnmower is in our very near future.)

My scattered thoughts will, I'm sure, visit subjects such as health, food, homeschooling, parenting, pioneering, our journey with raising our adopted (and now adult) son, random life stories and--my latest interest--whether or not to let my true (hair) colors shine.  (I use parentheses a lot, in case you didn't notice.)

This is a huge time of transition for us.  Besides buying our first home this week, we also celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary! My husband just completed his first album after 18 looooong months of production (yeah, Baby!).  His album is being previewed at a local Unearthed Arts Event next Friday.  And if I was really cool I'd know how to set this up so you could click on "Unearthed Arts Event" and it would take you to our event page.  But no...I am not that cool.  Anyway, I'm about to turn 37 and, before ya know it, we'll be entering 2012.  All of this and more have contributed to my need to WRITE!

So, you're welcome to come along and follow me as we step out into this uncharted territory.  See? I'm already rhyming.  You just never know what's gonna happen around here.

4 comments:

  1. Yay! Welcome back to blogosphere! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I love reading friends' blogs. Great way to stay current when we can't visit in person. Go, Jen! (I love the country-stye design.)

    ReplyDelete